Monday, November 28, 2016
Your garage door is a vital part of your home. It is not just a part of the architectural aesthetics, but a functional element that allows you to enter and exit your home without needing to go out in the elements. Even better, having one means you can lower risks of a break in as it provides another layer of protection. However, they do not last forever, and will occasionally need to be repaired, or even replaced.
Thankfully, though, there are steps you can take to minimize the need to replace this element of your home. By knowing these simple maintenance tips, and staying ahead of any potential repairs, you can lower the need to deal with a replacement scenario, as well as keep your family safer.
Minimizing the Need for Garage Door Replacement
· Did you know that the average garage doors opens and closes approximately 1,000 times a year? Yep, that's a lot of usage! So, take time to check the hardware and tighten any loose bolts or screws that may be vibrated loose.
· Check its balance. Because this door is used so often, it can sometimes become unbalanced. This will cause it to work harder and can shorten its lifespan. To check for this disconnect the opener by pulling the release handle (usually a red cord), and manually move the door about halfway up. If it doesn't stay put, the counterweight system (springs) are improperly balanced. This is type of repair should be handled by a professional!
· The rollers on your garage door can get worn out after time. At least twice a year, check for worn, chipped, or cracked rollers. Should you notice wear and tear on them, have them replaced.
· At least once a year, pull out the oil can or other lubricant, and make sure that all the moving parts of your garage door are greased properly.
· Check the cables- visually! Do not attempt to repair these yourself as the results can be fatal. However, if the cables appear loose, frayed or have some other type of damage, call in a pro.
Taking time to stay ahead of problems with your garage doors, means minimizing the need to replace the door. However, should you find yourself in need of a new garage door; talk to your area installers to learn what type of door will best work for your scenario. But whatever you do, make time to ensure that you are doing these preventative maintenance jobs so that you ensure that your garage door will last for many years.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/9502210
Friday, November 25, 2016
Tuesday, November 22, 2016
Saturday, November 19, 2016
C.H.I. has taken the old swing up post to the next level. Precision engineering, architectural quality appearance, durable construction, and ease of operation make the C.H.I. Swing Up Center Post THE product of choice for large overhead door openings. Visit our website at www.chiohd.com.
Wednesday, November 16, 2016
Garage doors are the largest moveable item in your home and can be a potential hazard, especially for young children, but there are various safety features built right in to modern automatic garage door systems to keep you safe. Do you know if those features are working properly on your doors? This video gives us some easy ways to test and make sure.
Sunday, November 13, 2016
Transform your home with the warmth and appeal of an Accents garage door. Each of our distinct designs fit flawlessly with either traditional or contemporary styles. Introducing C.H.I. Overhead Door's new Accents Woodtones Driftwood.
Thursday, November 10, 2016
An overview of C.H.I.'s Accents Woodtone Garage Doors. Transform your home with the warmth and appeal of an Accents garage door. Each of our distinct designs fit flawlessly with either traditional or contemporary styles. At C.H.I. Overhead Doors, we believe garage doors should demonstrate both durability and class. Our Accents Woodtones garage doors are meticulously designed and manufactured using full color digital imaging and insulated steel to create the highest quality, most realistic woodtone doors available. Utilizing groundbreaking advances in design and technology, found only at C.H.I. Overhead Doors, each Accents Woodtones garage door is as colorful and authentic as real wood.