Your garage door is more valuable than you might think. Replacing the garage door can not only improve your home, but also bring many other advantages you might be unaware of. Keep these advantages in mind when you consider buying a new garage door system.
- The value of your home can be increased or decreased by your garage door. Installing a overhead door that isn't an eye sore can not only improve the cost of your home, but surely help your house sell itself. Often potential buyers won't even consider entering a house if the overhead door isn't ideal from the curb.
- If you are just looking to change the appearance of your house, a new shop door can dramatically change the look and style of your home. There are normally about 15 colors to choose from, but you can have it painted any color you want if you desire to later. There are infinite choices of windows to choose from, which will give your garage plenty of sunshine.
- Lower your bills. Why pay more than you have to? You can decrease your heating and cooling expenses with an insulated overhead door, otherwise known as an R-16 garage door. If the overhead door shares common walls with the house winter cold or summer heat can pass through your garage walls into your house. Especially if there are living quarters above the garage or the garage is used for a work space.
- Your time can be better spent with the family or friends rather than cleaning or scraping and painting your overhead door. If you choose a garage door with a pre-finished color, they are a baked on paint finish, so you can hit your overhead door with mild soap and water. That's all it takes and can be done when you're washing your car. Two birds with one stone.
- If you use your shop door for storage, you could be playing a dangerous game. Extreme cold and heat can damage your belongings. Make sure your garage door is insulated and has a thermo barrier. To insure your belongings safety, use PVC weather stripping with screw cover and double fin rubber weather stip.
- Your garage door may be preventing you from optimizing your garage's space. Imagine if you could turn that area into a work shop, art studio, or man cave. An insulated shop door between R-12 and R-18 will make your garage a more pleasant environment to work in.
- Don't send out an invitation for your home to be robbed. A wooden or non-insulated shop door is easy for a thief to kick in or drill out. Keep your family safe with an insulated overhead door with metal skin on the front and back and a overhead door thickness of at least 1 ¾ inch. Another option to consider is a high tech garage door opener with rolling code technology. The overhead door opener uses on e of 100 billion new codes every time the door is opened.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3011547