High Speed Impact Testing
Wednesday, March 30, 2016
Sunday, March 27, 2016
Thursday, March 24, 2016
Watch the dramatic difference for a home that uses traditional looking garage doors, versus what it looks like with Wayne-Dalton Model 9700 doors.
Monday, March 21, 2016
Clopay's Intellicore garage doors have some of the highest R-values in the industry, up to 20.4! Watch this video of temperature testing we did with 'The Doctor'... and it might get a little hot!
Friday, March 18, 2016
Tuesday, March 15, 2016
Your garage door is more valuable than you might think. Replacing the garage door can not only improve your home, but also bring many other advantages you might be unaware of. Keep these advantages in mind when you consider buying a new garage door system.
- The value of your home can be increased or decreased by your garage door. Installing a overhead door that isn't an eye sore can not only improve the cost of your home, but surely help your house sell itself. Often potential buyers won't even consider entering a house if the overhead door isn't ideal from the curb.
- If you are just looking to change the appearance of your house, a new shop door can dramatically change the look and style of your home. There are normally about 15 colors to choose from, but you can have it painted any color you want if you desire to later. There are infinite choices of windows to choose from, which will give your garage plenty of sunshine.
- Lower your bills. Why pay more than you have to? You can decrease your heating and cooling expenses with an insulated overhead door, otherwise known as an R-16 garage door. If the overhead door shares common walls with the house winter cold or summer heat can pass through your garage walls into your house. Especially if there are living quarters above the garage or the garage is used for a work space.
- Your time can be better spent with the family or friends rather than cleaning or scraping and painting your overhead door. If you choose a garage door with a pre-finished color, they are a baked on paint finish, so you can hit your overhead door with mild soap and water. That's all it takes and can be done when you're washing your car. Two birds with one stone.
- If you use your shop door for storage, you could be playing a dangerous game. Extreme cold and heat can damage your belongings. Make sure your garage door is insulated and has a thermo barrier. To insure your belongings safety, use PVC weather stripping with screw cover and double fin rubber weather stip.
- Your garage door may be preventing you from optimizing your garage's space. Imagine if you could turn that area into a work shop, art studio, or man cave. An insulated shop door between R-12 and R-18 will make your garage a more pleasant environment to work in.
- Don't send out an invitation for your home to be robbed. A wooden or non-insulated shop door is easy for a thief to kick in or drill out. Keep your family safe with an insulated overhead door with metal skin on the front and back and a overhead door thickness of at least 1 ¾ inch. Another option to consider is a high tech garage door opener with rolling code technology. The overhead door opener uses on e of 100 billion new codes every time the door is opened.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/3011547
Sunday, March 13, 2016
Wednesday, March 9, 2016
Sunday, March 6, 2016
A garage door works perfectly only when all the components, mechanical and electrical, operate harmoniously. But years of regular use, local weather conditions and friction among moving parts decreases performance. Regular maintenance is necessary to keep it working in a pristine condition. So, homeowners should have some basic understanding of the door working mechanism. This way they can undertake successful 'Do-it-Yourself' garage projects.
How to undertake Garage Door Maintenance
A garage door is unlike any other door in your home. It's the largest electrically operated entrance to your home. Since it has both electrical and mechanical components, you should start by thoroughly reading the door's Instructions manual. It will help you get acquainted with all the basic components and their respective working mechanism. Afterwards, you can proceed to undertake some general door maintenance.
Here are 6 Maintenance tips for homeowners:
1. Inspection: Take a close look at all the components of the door - big or small. Check the door opener, metal tracks, chain-belt or drive belt, dents in panels, electrical connections, rollers and bearings etc. Look for any signs of rust on metal parts or general wear and tear. If the metal tracks are not in proper alignment, use a carpenter's scale to align them in a straight line.
2. Lubricating Moving Parts: Door components need a friction-free surface for smooth operation. Use the ideal oil grade as recommended by the door manufacturer. Do not use WD-40 grade oil for lubrication. It attracts dirt/dust and causes damage to the components. Oil or grease the metal tracks in the rolling shutter doors. Other parts that need lubrication include chain, rollers, pulleys, hinges, screws etc.
3. Garage Door Opener Settings: Modern doors work via electronic openers that can be programmed by the user. A professional technician sets the default settings as considered suitable for the daily use. Do not temper with these settings unless you understand the operating instructions as detailed in the opener manual.
4. Minor dents in the Panels: Regular use causes dents to appear on flimsy panels. For example, light-weight aluminium door panels are known to get damages quickly. Homeowners can repair them quickly. Take a small hammer and large piece of cotton cloth. With the help of another person, place folded cloth on the dent surface and a hard-board on the other side. The board acts as a support for the panel. Remove the dent using subtle hammer movements.
5. Garage door Ventilation: Garages can get quiet hot in the summers and cold in the winters. Install a suitable ventilation fan to lower the humidity. Another option is to install a freestanding exhaust fan near a window. Insulated doors help in saving electrical energy and lower heating/cooling costs.
6. Door Insulation: Polystyrene panels are known to resist variations in temperature. Homeowners can add polystyrene foam in the hollow aluminium door panels. Also, the gap between the bottom of the door and garage floor should be plugged using a rubber or fiber strip.
7. Bonus Tip - Rust Prevention: Dirt and dust accumulation can lead to rusting. Initially, rust can be removed by simply washing the aluminum and steel doors with a mild household detergent. Use sandpaper to remove extreme rust. Sand the area thoroughly and apply zinc-rich primer. Now, apply a premium 100% latex paint on the affected area.
Garage door maintenance by the homeowner can save hundreds of dollars in repairs. It is recommended that people maintain their doors to avoid costly replacement. However, serious repairs like opener replacement and garage door spring should be undertaken only by the professionals. These experts have years of experience in handling all types of doors and models. Call in a reputed garage door repair company for professional installation, repair or parts replacement.
Article Source: http://EzineArticles.com/7958919
Thursday, March 3, 2016
Lima, Ohio based country music band Nashville Crush shares their Built In The Garage story. See how they went from practicing in their garage to opening for ZZ Top and headlining shows all over the country.